All IEEE student members are invited and encouraged to enter the IGARSS Student Prize Paper Competition. Ten finalists will be selected by a committee to present their papers during a special session at the symposium in Sendai. All finalists will be offered partial travel support funding. Three prizes will be presented: First Prize (Mikio Takagi Student Prize) US$ 1000.00, Second Prize US$ 750.00, Third Prize US$ 500.00, plus certificates for each.
To enter, a student should submit the following documents online at the abstract submission page by 7 January 2011:
- A 2-4 page abstract document formatted according to the paper kit section on abstracts.
- A full, final, camera-ready paper formatted according to the paper kit section on final papers;
- A signed letter from a faculty advisor stating that the student (a) is a candidate for a degree and IEEE student member, (b) will personally present the paper if accepted, (c) will publish in the IGARSS 2011 Proceedings, (d) will register and participate in the symposium, and (e) will attend the Awards Banquet (free ticket provided by Local Organizers to every finalist);
- Proof of your student status.
- The first/principal author must be a student.
- The student must be an IEEE member.
- Each student can only submit one paper for consideration in the contest.
- The student must be in a degree program at the time of submission of IGARSS 2011 paper.
- The student must attend IGARSS 2011 and present the paper.
- The student will publish the paper in the IGARSS 2011 Proceedings.
- The abstract MUST BE FORMATTED ACCORDING TO THE PAPER KIT and must be uploaded through the online system by the regular abstract submission deadline.
- The full paper MUST BE FORMATTED ACCORDING TO THE PAPER KIT and must be uploaded through the online system by the regular full paper submission deadline (27 April 2011).